Postby tropical_plague » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:21 am

beejanga wrote:what's good in the hood?

Glad you asked. :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKQPvI ... YDGi-EivRQ

Tango_2_0

Re: Good morning!

Postby Tango_2_0 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:30 pm

beejanga wrote:what's good in the hood?

In my hood, everything's good. I live in the countryside now. 14 deer next to the road this morning.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:04 pm

beejanga

Postby beejanga » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:48 pm

Good morning everyone! I'm heading out to a screening of Hardcore Henry. I haven't played any game since January, so I'm hoping this movie will feature several stimulating, incoherently fast sequences and be loud enough to degrade my hearing.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:46 am

beejanga wrote:Good morning everyone! I'm heading out to a screening of Hardcore Henry. I haven't played any game since January, so I'm hoping this movie will feature several stimulating, incoherently fast sequences and be loud enough to degrade my hearing.

I'll be interested in hearing what you thought of the movie. Seems like it could be fun, but the previews make me afraid I'll just end up nauseated for 90 minutes.

beejanga

Postby beejanga » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:55 am

Hey DeftOne, did the preview make you nauseous? Personally, I didn't have any problem with it, but I am very comfortable watching gopro footage and I don't get motion sickness. I didn't notice anyone in the front half of the theater puke or walk out.

I enjoyed it. It's shot entirely in first person perspective, and violent. Most of the people who appear onscreen die. I didn't find the action too fast to follow, but I also felt like I had a hard time understanding some of the dialogue because I was focusing on the screen :D not that I missed anything :D :D . The plot felt original, though it's a standard protagonist against villain setup. I enjoyed the novelty of the perspective and the Russian production, and the science fiction setting.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 am

The preview didn't make we physically ill, but it seemed like the possibility would be there if it turned out to be 90 minutes of non-stop first-person action. Especially on the big screen.

I want to check it out because it looks really neat, but then I remember the god awful first-person sequence in the Doom movie, and it's got me second guessing. Of course, that movie was pretty terrible all around, so... :lol:

beejanga

Postby beejanga » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:07 am

Hello everyone. My friend has mentioned a game to me, called the culling. It's available on steam, I guess it's got a free for all mode set in relatively large maps. I don't know much about it but am seeing potential . . . anyone know anything? :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

beejanga

Postby beejanga » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm

I watched some videos and it doesn't look too good. Lots of standing around and simple melee combat. Crafting looks pointless.

Return to “Tiki Bar”