What you guys playing these days?

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Re: What you guys playing these days?

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 am

Hi, Beej.

The tooth issue is not resolved, and I'm worried that now that you're hitched you can't go to Mexico with me. I base this on AssMan not being able to do anything now that he's hitched. :lol:

Congrats on the hitching thing, tho. I've heard it helps with paperwork if one of you bites the dust.

BF4 has a lot to recommend it, and I played it for 1100 hours. But it's like a not-as-good-version of BF3 with way worse maps and way more remote-kill gadgets. So I can't really rate it.

BFH is like a super-hyped version of FC2 with amazing cinematic action, so I rate it highly. :ugeek:

beejanga

Postby beejanga » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 am

trop you need a spanish speaking friend :mrgreen:

For anyone interested in quakeworld, I am going to try and idle in vent all afternoon and can help with configuration of the client and movement basics, also know as strafejumping :o . . . . or we can talk about our feelings.

***nevermind, I have to log

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:23 am

I have many Spanish-speaking friends; but most are married, so they can't do anything.

I speak reasonable Spanish, good enough to ask for more water in a Tijuana lockup.

Bobby_H_2_O

Postby Bobby_H_2_O » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:41 am

I can get water, food, booze, find the bathroom, and even pick up some Mexican poon if I needed to. I could definitely survive...but carry out a civilized conversation no.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:22 am

You just totally contradicted yourself there, Bobby.

RaZoR-FIN

Postby RaZoR-FIN » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:55 am

I'm not quite dead, (Though abandoned Far Cry due to FC4 modding feeling quite pointless in the end), so haven't been too active on any forums related to it.

I just recently bought myself CS:GO. Truly seems like it took my life, I barely sleep now.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:58 am

RaZoR-FIN, have you attempted any modeling and/or mapping for CS:GO?

Deftone and I used to map for CSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJnUbJj6dk

I was in the middle of replicating the FC2 buildings in the Hammer editor when I lost those files when my house burned down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuVWUuUFI8

RaZoR-FIN wrote:I'm not quite dead, (Though abandoned Far Cry due to FC4 modding feeling quite pointless in the end), so haven't been too active on any forums related to it.

I just recently bought myself CS:GO. Truly seems like it took my life, I barely sleep now.

RaZoR-FIN

Postby RaZoR-FIN » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:40 am

I tried, I don't want to touch Hammer with a long stick.

I do know my way around the engine otherwise... But the editor is like bad dedicated 3D modeling software that keeps on crashing and has weird behavior in general. I'd rather make maps in MS Paint using two bitmaps to define the floor & ceiling heights than use the block tools in Hammer. It's almost as bad as GTK Radiant.

Hell, even CRYENGINE's current replacement for the CE2 "Solid Tool" is better than Hammer's only way of creating non-prop map geometry... Faster, more reliable and has better results.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:49 am

I suppose. But I found that after I learned a few special keystrokes so I could drag shit around and just got familiar with stuff, it becomes a natural thing instead of fighting against it. And the ability to build and texture shit right inside the editor was a quite nice change from the Ubi stuff...

One thing we never succeeded in doing was importing our Max/Blender/Sketchup models into it, which was frustrating since we saw vids of people doing that.

RaZoR-FIN wrote:I tried, I don't want to touch Hammer with a long stick.

I do know my way around the engine otherwise... But the editor is like bad dedicated 3D modeling software that keeps on crashing and has weird behavior in general. I'd rather make maps in MS Paint using two bitmaps to define the floor & ceiling heights than use the block tools in Hammer. It's almost as bad as GTK Radiant.

RaZoR-FIN

Postby RaZoR-FIN » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:50 am

People tend to glorify the Source Engine for no reason in my opinion. I bet even Ubisoft's internal content pipeline is better than Valve's... I also never managed to import any models in it, other than a cube. The rest either just broke down totally or ended up crashing the engine when loaded.

EDIT: I found the texture editor very slow to use. Especially for complex shapes, if it wasn't a simple tiled texture.

Return to “Tiki Bar”