Hey everyone

DeftOne

Re: Hey everyone

Postby DeftOne » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:22 pm

tropical_plague wrote:So that's why you've been learning Blender.

Yeah, plus the side benefit of gaining some general 3D modeling experience which could be useful someday.

tropical_plague wrote:Yeah, ego and the pleasure you derived from blowing those guys in the Ubi Map Selection Committee to get your shit Officially Selected so many times....

Hey, I take offense to that. There was no blowing. They were perfectly fine with a handy.

xtencilate

Postby xtencilate » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:29 am

tropical_plague wrote:Yeah, that was my house that burned. One of my best maps was a replica of the spread here so a lot of FC2 people "knew" that house. It was a huge bummer.

Unfortunately last I checked the Map Community section of FC2, it was down. Not only could you download maps from there and do keyword and creator searches and stuff, it kept track of stats: most-downloaded, most-played, highest-ranked, all that. It was pretty awesome for us from the ego point of view. Defty and our guy Tango designed some PHP/mySQL-type shit that kept live charts of our map numbers on our homepage and stuff. It was pretty neat. I'm still not sure how they managed to mine those figures from Ubi in real time....

That sucks on both counts, good that you are ok, house fires are scary as fuck.

DeftOne wrote:Looks like a nice start. What engine and/or 3d modeling software are you using?

I've been learning Blender the last few months as a part of my job (bridge engineer). Specifically, Python scripting within Blender to quickly (parametrically) model my bridge designs to scale for visualization purposes. It's fun. ;)

Unity & Blender, it's a two color world, green & white (except for smattering of vegetation) everything else is shading. Blender is awesome, I've never gotten into extending it though.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Ah, sweet...another Blender user. I may have some questions for you at some point. ;)

Return to “Tiki Bar”