Hey everyone

xtencilate

Hey everyone

Postby xtencilate » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Not sure how many of the old 760 crew is here, but thought I'd stop in and say hey to DeftOne and ParVo at least. Been a long time guys :D

DeftOne

Re: Hey everyone

Postby DeftOne » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:35 am

Howdy. 8-)

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:58 am

Hey, dude.

How're you doing, what are you up to on the mapping/modding front?

xtencilate

Postby xtencilate » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Hey Deft :D

Nothing really, I took about 18 months and went full into indie game dev, and came away with... an empty bank account haha.

How about you guys? What're you up to?

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Sorry about the bank account situation.

I--tomatoes--, defty, and Parvo all did heavy mapping/modding for FC2 up until about 2011. Had one million downloads of our maps, which was pretty cool.

Then FC3 sucked.

Don't know about FC4.

A few of us embarked for a few months on dev'ing an engine, then we quit that.

Parvo started gaming less: he didn't play BF3. Defty, AssMan and I went full-on playing BF3. Then we played BF4. Then Defty's rig broke and he's got kids and a wife and a job...

Now AssMan and I play BF:Hardline.

BJanga, who made some OE maps and played OE with us, is still around. He just got married. He's playing some form of Quake.

ToeTag, who also made a lot of OE maps, plays some stuff, your Oblivion/Wow type things, I think.

ParVo

Postby ParVo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:20 pm

xtencilate wrote:Not sure how many of the old 760 crew is here, but thought I'd stop in and say hey to DeftOne and ParVo at least. Been a long time guys :D

Hey there, xtencilate! Tropical mentioned you stopped by here so I had to jump on and say hi. Do you still communicate with any of the other former [sc] guys?

I kind of lost interest in gaming when we moved and could only get really s-l-o-w DSL internet. I still have very fond memories of FC, OE, and FC2. Those were some good times!

xtencilate

Postby xtencilate » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:30 am

Ah, were Tomatoes! Nice

That's awesome you guys stuck in the scene so long, I'll have to fire up FC2 sometime and check it out. I played 3 for about 5 minutes, and 4 was fine but I only played it on console.

Right there with you ParVo, for a long time anyway. I hardly played much for a few years, just now getting back to playing with CSGO. I have no idea what the old SC guys are up to, as far as I can tell they've mostly stopped playing. I tried looking up CC and Slug a while back, but neither of their phone #'s worked, and their handles were all inactive.

I still noodle at the indie thing a few nights a week, but nothing serious. This is my current wip http://i.imgur.com/h3feHSV.png

tropical_plague was that your house that burned down? I saw the pics in another thread, looks gnarly man, sucks big time :/

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:48 am

Yeah, that was my house that burned. One of my best maps was a replica of the spread here so a lot of FC2 people "knew" that house. It was a huge bummer.

Unfortunately last I checked the Map Community section of FC2, it was down. Not only could you download maps from there and do keyword and creator searches and stuff, it kept track of stats: most-downloaded, most-played, highest-ranked, all that. It was pretty awesome for us from the ego point of view. Defty and our guy Tango designed some PHP/mySQL-type shit that kept live charts of our map numbers on our homepage and stuff. It was pretty neat. I'm still not sure how they managed to mine those figures from Ubi in real time....

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:50 am

I'm all about the ego. :P

xtencilate wrote:I still noodle at the indie thing a few nights a week, but nothing serious. This is my current wip http://i.imgur.com/h3feHSV.png

Looks like a nice start. What engine and/or 3d modeling software are you using?

I've been learning Blender the last few months as a part of my job (bridge engineer). Specifically, Python scripting within Blender to quickly (parametrically) model my bridge designs to scale for visualization purposes. It's fun. ;)

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:16 pm

So that's why you've been learning Blender.

Yeah, ego and the pleasure you derived from blowing those guys in the Ubi Map Selection Committee to get your shit Officially Selected so many times....

Return to “Tiki Bar”