Rainbow Canyon Fighter Jet Practically Up In My Grill

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Rainbow Canyon Fighter Jet Practically Up In My Grill

Postby tropical_plague » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:19 pm

So, I was in Death Valley for a few days, just got back.

My first day in there, I'm hiking up a rock to see what's going on with some photographer dudes camped out up there.

Suddenly a fucking FIGHTER JET roars over the hills behind me, turns sideways to show it's belly, and flies through the gorge right next to me, not 50 fucking meters away, doing, what? 600MPH?

This is a video of this place. But I was way closer to the jet. I was right on the ridge on the edge of the precipice.

https://youtu.be/DN7nmMUGyjk

Tango_2_0

Re: Rainbow Canyon Fighter Jet Practically Up In My Grill

Postby Tango_2_0 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Cool!

I remember once (25 years ago) seeing a reconnaisance jet that flew past me close to the ocean, that flew so low it threw up water in its wake.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:28 am

Wow! That would have been pretty awesome to experience, I'm sure. 8-)

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:06 am

In case you didn't watch the video right after that one, it really shows what the experience was like. At 2:32 when it flashes its belly that's like the exact position I was at and view I had.

I didn't shout "America!" but it was thrilling AF. I do seem to recall closing my eyes and whispering, "Please, God, after American Civil War II let those things be on our side, not Trump's."

https://youtu.be/h6yG-HO-8hQ

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:17 am

Damn, that's amazing!

ParVo

Postby ParVo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:27 am

Well I guess you ain't never been to a dad-gum NASCAR race then: the jet flyover at the end of the National Anthem is almost always super thrilling! 'Merica!

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:14 pm

ParVo wrote:Well I guess you ain't never been to a dad-gum NASCAR race then: the jet flyover at the end of the National Anthem is almost always super thrilling! 'Merica!

Truly I have not. But are the jets at and below your level, a scant 50 yards in front of/below you?

ParVo

Postby ParVo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:38 am

tropical_plague wrote:
ParVo wrote:Well I guess you ain't never been to a dad-gum NASCAR race then: the jet flyover at the end of the National Anthem is almost always super thrilling! 'Merica!

Truly I have not. But are the jets at and below your level, a scant 50 yards in front of/below you?

Probably not. I can imagine how amazing that would be though.

The first time we went to Sears Point Raceway I believe it was a B1 bomber that flew over us at an astonishing low altitude, turned on the after-burners, and quickly climbed out of sight at an insane angle. Myself and the whole crowd were blown away at the sight and sound of that, but then it appeared again out of nowhere and made a high-speed pass that was even more insane! I haven't witnessed a flyover quite like it since.

Return to “Tiki Bar”