Battlefield 5

Mush13

Battlefield 5

Postby Mush13 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:56 am

Release date is Q4, can't wait till its here (actually i have to wait), I'm still playing 4 and gave up on Hardline and never brought Battlefront.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/11600 ... launch.htm

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Re: Battlefield 5

Postby tropical_plague » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:01 am

I'm still full-on Hardline.

I'm also really looking forward to BF5, but with some trepidation. I think 3 was a lot better than 4; and if they keep going in the direction of endless gadgets, shitty assignments, terrible voice-over, worse maps, ever-increasing power of rank noobs to control the game with god weapons, let alone 6 months of failure at the launch, I won't be either super stoked or surprised.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Something tells me BF5 is going to be an "advanced warfare" kinda game, set in the future and whatnot. They haven't done that in a while (BF2142) in this series, and that's kinda what all the other first-person shooters have been doing for the last several years. If it does go this route, I'll probably skip it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

E-Solo

Postby E-Solo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:12 pm

DeftOne wrote:Something tells me BF5 is going to be an "advanced warfare" kinda game, set in the future and whatnot. They haven't done that in a while (BF2142) in this series, and that's kinda what all the other first-person shooters have been doing for the last several years. If it does go this route, I'll probably skip it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Far cry is going backwards in time...

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:18 pm

E-Solo wrote:
DeftOne wrote:Something tells me BF5 is going to be an "advanced warfare" kinda game, set in the future and whatnot. They haven't done that in a while (BF2142) in this series, and that's kinda what all the other first-person shooters have been doing for the last several years. If it does go this route, I'll probably skip it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Far cry is going backwards in time...

Yeah. It's certain de-evolving in just about every way fathomable. :lol:

Tango_2_0

Postby Tango_2_0 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:09 am

Im not too excited by either laser blasters in space or playing stone-age Far Cry.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 pm

With the new DLC, HL is officially the best BF ever.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:24 pm

That's pretty high praise.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:48 am

One could counter my statement my noting that there's only a dozen or so active servers. But FC2 was great and never had a dozen active servers....

beejanga

Postby beejanga » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:50 am

Personally I am not interested to play a game where you can get killed in less than half a second. I think this sort of game and weapon design creates uninteresting fights and generally leads to aim focused gameplay that punishes movement through the map. We probably have to leave the conventional setting and weapons to escape such mechanics though.

Rocket launchers and dynamic projectile weapons. 8 to 18 player slots. A less informative minimap. Fast movement and animations. These are things I am interested in.

tropical_plague wrote:One could counter my statement my noting that there's only a dozen or so active servers. But FC2 was great and never had a dozen active servers....

FC2 probably has the edge because it was designed for smaller groups of players and it was easier to fill a smaller server and get consistent matches.

Return to “Battlefield 1”