BF1

Tango_2_0

Re: BF1

Postby Tango_2_0 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:50 am

If anyone comes up with viable game tactics for rifle grenades, or maps they work well with, keep me posted.

Tango_2_0

Postby Tango_2_0 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:34 pm

Tango_2_0 wrote:If anyone comes up with viable game tactics for rifle grenades, or maps they work well with, keep me posted.

I came up with a good one myself: The desert map with the village and the "Mazar wireless" flag has a good chokepoint for rifle grenades. If you're on the team that spawns near A, take that flag, and rush towards C. You're now in an alley, with a corner at the far end, from which the enemy come running. Pop a rifle nade in that corner. This got me two multikills and one single in one game yesterday.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:19 am

Tango_2_0 wrote:Pop a rifle nade in that corner. This got me two multikills and one single in one game yesterday.

Clever bugger.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:27 am

Tango_2_0 wrote:If anyone comes up with viable game tactics for rifle grenades, or maps they work well with, keep me posted.

Here's a spot for you...Do what this guy does, except with a rifle grenade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0V2qBKoCak&sns=em

I think the best chance of having such a large group pouring through that door like this would be right at the beginning of the round. After the team on that side takes the first flag (or maybe it's the second flag), most people file through that particular doorway. Not sure how difficult it would be to get there in time, though. You'd definitely have to skip over capping any flags and go straight there, that's for sure.

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:25 am

Maybe we need a contest around here to see who can first video a seven-kill like that. Doing it's one thing; happening to be running ShadowPlay at the time is a whole nuther.

beejanga

Postby beejanga » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:29 am

I played a few rounds of this in tdm last night on an xbox. I would say that hipfiring the rifle grenade in tdm is a good way to get kills :mrgreen:

I was disappointed to see that test range and the spawn beacon are gone. I still think the concept of revives, at least in tdm, is gross. Especially so when only one class has the kit.

I also noted the fog of war gametype in the custom games menu. Looks interesting, with purportedly no minimap. But this is still coming soon. I was also surprised to see that gunfire doesn't show you on the minimap in general.

On a final note, I achieved a mortar kill by spamming an enemy death icon. I felt my soul blacken a little bit :|

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:26 am

So what's the secret to using rifle grenades? They don't appear to explode on impact, which makes it much more difficult. One would think it would be like using a hand-thrown grenade, except it's just launched from your gun instead, but it seems like there's more to it than that. Maybe it's just the fact they travel farther than hand-thrown 'nades that is tripping me up. Well, that, and I'm much more accustomed to using impact grenades, I guess. All I know is that I can't seem to use them worth a crap...lol.

Tango_2_0

Postby Tango_2_0 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Think of rifle nades as hand-throwns that just travel further. They seem to have less boom in them than the hand-thrown variety too.

DeftOne

Postby DeftOne » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:11 am

Tango_2_0 wrote:Think of rifle nades as hand-throwns that just travel further. They seem to have less boom in them than the hand-thrown variety too.

Yeah, I think that's what I've found as well. I've managed to get 10 out of the 20 rifle nade frags I need. One was even on Trop. ;)

tropical_plague
Site Admin

Postby tropical_plague » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:15 am

DeftOne wrote:
Tango_2_0 wrote:Think of rifle nades as hand-throwns that just travel further. They seem to have less boom in them than the hand-thrown variety too.

Yeah, I think that's what I've found as well. I've managed to get 10 out of the 20 rifle nade frags I need. One was even on Trop. ;)

You're welcome.

Return to “Battlefield 1”